Shade your windows, patios and outdoor living areas with our simple and neat German designed Folding Arm Awnings. Australians love relaxing outside, so no posts, struts or poles means more outdoor entertaining space. Our innovative design allows the awning to retract into a discrete and unobtrusive position against the building or structure.
Assembled in our Newton factory, but sourced from Germany, the Aluxor awning is considered one of the best awning systems in the world – with strong arm springs, extruded brackets and a high quality paint finish. Combined with Somfy remote motorisation and motion sensors, the Folding Arm can be a simple and quick way to provide shade.
Flexible shade & light
Need a quote?
Call us on
Or email and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can
Folding Arm Options:
Stratos I – Open Awning
- Cost effective, high quality
Stratos III – Semi Cassette
- Semi-enclosed extruded pelmet, metal fascia, compact look
Discus – Full Cassette
- Fully-enclosed headbox ensures optimal fabric protection in the closed position
Folding Arm awnings are commonly used on commercial spaces such as bars, cafes and shopping malls, or in domestic situations where an extended living space needs sun protection.
Aluxor has been supplying the Australian market with Folding Arm Awning components for over 30 years and has a long-standing relationship with Stan Bond.
- High quality, tensioned spring-loaded, PVC-coated triple steel cables provide added protection against corrosion
- Individually hung cables provide excellent fabric tension and wind stability
- Patented brackets and operating components, made from extruded aluminium with a pre-treated, baked enamel finish
- Construction hardware made from Marine Grade 316 Stainless Steel
- ‘Selectapitch’ functionality lets you change the angle of the awning to block the morning or afternoon sun
As a standard, all Folding Arm Awnings can be manually adjusted by crank-handle operation. However, you can also select a motor option with wind and motion sensors for automated protection.
The adjustable pitch gives you improved shade control. Simply adjust the angle of your awning depending on the position of the sun and weather conditions with the Stratos I and III Folding Arm Awnings. You can set the arm bracket of your Discus to any angle up to 35 degrees.
With Adelaide’s largest choice of outdoor fabrics, you can choose from a broad range of colours, patterns and textures. Folding Arm awnings most often use acrylic fabrics such as Docril, Planosol and Dickson, which allow a filtered light through the fabric while providing 99% UV protection.