In South Australia acrylic fabrics are rarely used on External Blinds. Traditionally our market has preferred PolyCotton canvas which completely blocks out the heat or, more recently, Polyester Mesh fabrics which allow light and view through the blinds. In the Northern states however PolyCotton is not appropriate because the cotton content can allow mould to form and as such Acrylic fabrics are used. Acrylic Fabrics are a man made fabric similar, but far superior to the polyester used in clothes. Stan Bond offers a range of Acrylic Fabrics which can be used in many external situations.
- Used for over 40 years in External Blinds
- Solution Dyed not Yarn Dyed which gives high colour fastness Bright colours that don’t fade
- Large colour range, especially in bright colours Water Repellant Light Weight at around 300grams per sqm
- Low strength degradation (doesn’t go out of shape over time)
- Allowd muted light to pass through
- 100% UV protection
- Small roll widths meaning more joins
- More expensive than other fabrics
- No vision through Not blackout
When do you use Acrylic Fabrics?
We recommend using Acrylic Fabrics on Folding Arm Awnings because they are light but very strong. They also provide UV protection whilst still allowing light to come through. They are great where a customer wants to avoid blocking out all the light to an area, especially a living area, but still requires privacy.
What ranges do we offer ?
Stan Bond is one of the largest manufacturers of Blinds and Awnings in South Australia. It is also a member of Fashionline, the largest buying group in the Australian Blind Industry. Due to these relationships we have access to most fabrics in the Australian market. Two Acrlyic fabrics we know well and generally recommend – Docril Acrylic by Ricky Richards & Planosol by Gottschalk. These two fabrics have great products, warranties and colour ranges and because of their long history we know we can recommend them safely to our customers.
Where to now?
If you like the idea of Acrlyic Fabrics on your external awnings you can drop into our showroom or call us to organize someone to come to you – (08) 8336 2066